Monday, June 28, 2010

THE FLOWERS ARE BLOSSOMING...

I am still not able to accept it. It is inevitable...but I didn't realise that it would be that fast. My little girl has grown up. She had her first period yesterday. I am still learning to accept this..in my eyes, she is still my little girl..

As I relate the news to a equally shocked hubby, I told him how it was arwah Pak and not mak who told me about the birds and the bees. And how Pak told me what to do with period..that I would not be able to fast..how to clean myself...it was quite weird to hear this from Pak but somehow I was not embarrassed by it. Besides him, mak didnt say much, infact she didn't tell me what to do...infact none of my sisters helped me through my first day or week of period.

So, hubby being the sweet father he is had a talk to Athira about facts of life...about period..the dos and the donts..with me at the corner, adding in what ever that was necessary...for the first time, I spoke to her in a grown up manner.

I never thought the day would come so soon...am trying to adapt to this new phase of her life.. my girl is growing up fast...while the mum is adjusting to it with a tinge of sadness...

"SPRING IS IN THE AIR..THE FLOWERS ARE BLOSSOMING.."

2 comments:

browneyes said...

i know the feeling Rufa, she's so young, 10 kan? A young lady...dont know what to pen down, i guess just go with flow. Rufa, I didnt get any lessons on that too, Cik Yah never told me anything, my friends in school told me what to expect. Agaknys orang dulu2 tak cakap about all these kut. anyway, we did fine kan. wah, rufa if you are in the indian family, you are suppose to have a party and announce it to the whole family. Thk god we dont do that, kesian the poor child. do we say congrats or what to this situation?

MamaTiaMia said...

terima kasih atas ucapan auntie cippa,uncle zubiag,athirah and comel sofea.Hmm kak athirah dah besar ye..you ll be fine don't worry:) hopefully auntie would be able to explain to TiaMia when the time comes,may di panjangkan umur dan sihat tubuh badan.amin.