Saturday, February 28, 2009

There are many colours in the rainbow....

Sometimes when you listen to a particular song, certain lyrics of the song will be repeated in your head, you be humming it at odd times and places, well, I have this particular song in my head at the moment....I have heard it about three times and have been very fascinated with the lyrics ...this particular song was sang by a little boy...what fascinates me was the message that it was sending coupled with the innocence of the boy's voice. The song was about giving our children the freedom to explore, be creative and just being CHILDREN. Parts of the lyrics that fascinates me are ...."there are many colours in the rainbow, there are colours in the morning sun, there are colours in the flowers....". I wish I know who sang the song, the title of the song and where can I buy the CD...hmm, maybe I need to contact radio IKIM about this.....do you think they would entertain such a query?

Anyway, last week was quite a mixture of sadness, anxiety, tense and a bit of contentment. I had the monthly meeting last Friday, gave my most sincere talk to my staff and officers. I was glad I didn't break down, I had to keep all my emotions in placed, say what was needed to be said only...and quite frankly, I was surprised with myself that I was very calm and articulate. Words came out smoothly (in Bahasa, mind you)....I felt my message got through to them. How disappointed I felt and the lack of respect from them.

That's one episode that is quite over for the moment....another one crept up pulak. I found out that my neighbour doesn't want Sofia to play with her daughter....it seems that the maid's pay will be cut if she allows my little Sofia in the house ....hmm, I don't know the whole truth about this, but what upsets me is that my little girl will cry her head off cos she wants to play with her friend and she doesn't know WHY she is not allow to PLAY with friend. It breaks my heart, I wish the grownups will more MATURE....I have no qualm about letting kids into my house to play, I don't have collections of crystals or antiques...my furniture are well worth the money that I have spend...they are still presentable even though not the latest designs....I wont go hysterical if the floor is dirty, the toys are strewn everywhere.....my children are not some untamed animals, they are just like other KIDS...and I am grateful for that.

With all the drama, that are going around in my life at the moment, I deserved a treat....and which I did.I treated myself to a movie....Marley & Me.....it was funny and yet sad. I bawled at the end of the movie. What I like about the movie that it was light and relaxing...nothing over dramatic, in fact everything was quite predictable...just a story about relationships.

I plan to do some painting this weekend, hmm it's Sunday today, am still at the computer making an entry on my blog, the other half is lighting up the charcoals.....we will be having masak lemak daging salai and ikan sembilang bersambal , hmm, jadi nampak gayanya, the walls will be a wishful dream....for the moment.

I wish I could make my entries everyday but am realistic about not having the time to do so. It would be unethical for me to do so during office hours....even reading the emails pun, I will read them in the morning cos ada saja staff masuk bilik...so rasa tak seronok nak baca emails. I will of course go through my official emails first, we have been receiving a quite a lot of questions on our services and some legal problems...and these emails have to be addressed ASAP. There are some dear friends like Sue, Zura, Shanaz and Hanim, and my sisters who will sent some hilarious emails...especially from Sue. Hmm, for someone who is always busy...or she claims to be busy...ada masa nak hantar benda merapu.....heheheh. Anyway Sue, I need THOSE EMAILS to keep me sane...hehehe. So keep them coming, cos with all the problems in the world, there are still many colours in the rainbow...and you, my friend is one of them, MUAH,MUAH,MUAH.
(made my entry on the 28 Feb, just a paragragh....baru hari ni boleh sambung, Sunday, 7 March...hmm.)

No comments: