Monday, March 9, 2009

I have trained you well, Encik Zubir

I read Aisyah's blog yesterday, she at the early phase of marriage hood. Tengah sedap memasak for hubby. Well, Aisyah , my sweet niece, let Cippa give you some tips untuk make cooking more enjoyable.....teach hubby how to cook.

Well, Cippa enjoys cooking, tapi kalau duduk dapur sorang-sorang boring jugak, so masa early stage of marriage, I made it an effort to invite pakcik zubir join sekali masak...so kat dapur he will help with the cuttings and the stirring. Sampai sekarang pun, kalau dia balik awal and dinner belum ready, he will join me in the kitchen for the usual chit chat and masak-masak. I have this habit of washing up while cooking, so it makes sense to have him in the kitchen. Ada extra pair of hands untuk mengacau (stirring la, not disturb) lauk.

Bila dah lama tengok Cippa masak, pakcik Zubir pun dah boleh lah masak sendiri. I think he enjoys cooking too, but bear with the noise and the mess...he cooks like a mamak goreng mee, ketuk-ketuk kuali punya...tapi okay la tu, I can now rely on him to cook simple dishes ...so, if I am not well, ada period pains, fening kepala ..he will cook for the kids. Bibik can cook for the kids too, tapi not for hubby...he rarely eats food cook by Bibik and wants me to cook for him. Am grateful for that, that shows that he appreciates and enjoys my food....air tangan Cippa kan, nanti sedap air tangan Bibik pulak! Aiyo yo yo!

Anyway, semalam masa I tengah masak ikan goreng masak asam, while talking to him...I said, kena masuk gula sikit..then he said "untuk caramelised ". Wah, so I said to him " I have trained you well, Encik Zubir".

So, the Aisyah the morale of the story is let him help you with the cooking, used this to your advantage, trust me, you will need it ...

No comments: