Thursday, April 23, 2009

Birthday wishes and carrot cake

Hello 42. That's the number for this year. Like or not, we all age...there will be more white hairs from now onwards.Its the big B Day today.Spend the day with my usual itinerary,mammogram and ultra sound check up, watched a movie and lunch. All this on my own. I celebrated my birthday in my own usual way. ME time. Which was quite sedih actually..sobs,sobs...but on the bright note, I received some lovely birthday wishes. My first birthday wish was from kak chik,she sent me a midnight birthday message via sms but it was on the wrong date...hehe...more like 24 hours early...but it doesn't matter and I didn't have the heart to tell her,"kak chik, you silap tarikh"...that would be cruel.The ball started rolling this morning with birthday wishes from hubby and kids.Followed with a missed call from Sue,she left a voice mail tapi I returned her call, and promptly dengar the voice mail...so sweet she sang me a birthday song..hehe, pitching ada lari sikit tapi boleh terima la.Then Kak Mah rang with her birthday wishes followed by Amal.All these while I was at the hospital.Sue said to me earlier why do mammogram on your birthday..well, I have been doing it for the past three years as a birthday gift for myself semenjak Kak had the big C.Its a wake up call for all of us.

Received few more birthday sms, another pitching salah call tapi in Soprano style fom Kak Dah in Kuantan and a long birthday call from zura....and as usual a string of sms exchanges with kak, kak's sms can be quite hilarious or confusing, cant put my finger on it..kak said something about wishing me an early birthday wish as mak would be having labour pains by now....so, I replied, mak had her labour pains since last nite cos my birthday is today.It seems that she had a mixed up with the dates, Aye kata its on the 26th.

I thought I would enjoy a day out on my own,do some shopping ke,do something frivolous ke, tapi I ended up doing something mundane like pi ke Tesco untuk beli susu Sofia and to the pejabat pos untuk bayar bills.Hmm, it seems I have finally grown up. But the little girl inside of me still wants a bithday cake..so I treated myself to slice of my favourite carrot cake with cheese frosting.Not so grown up after all.

No comments: