Friday, April 17, 2009

The bad and the good....

This morning, well more like mid morning I was at SDMC for my appointment with the physician.As usual,the waiting place was brimming with patients...some appeared to be restless, tired or plain bored. I fell into the last category. As I am accustomed to hospital's waiting rooms, I brought my book and a bottle of mineral water to keep me occupied ( the book not the water) ...was trying hard to read but could not. There was a Chinese lady speaking very loudly on the hand phone. This was no just loud BUT MAJOR LOUD! I turned and looked at her, could not make any eye contact, as she too busy talking LOUDLY....I wanted to sent dagger looks, of course, could not.

It was very irritating. I wished people would understand, that private calls are meant to be PRIVATE. Please do not share it with others in an annoying way. I could not understand her conversation, but could pick up some smattering of english words. What do you do in this kind of situations....NOTHING.

Anyway, the good news that I got from Dr. Hew....my cholesterol, lipid levels were down...he was pleased. My usual dosage of 20mg has been cut to 10 mg....another blood test and check up in three months time. But before I left his room, Dr. Hew said..please exercise. I knew it was too good to be true.

Balik ke office, got a fax from HQ, transferred to another Ministry...hmm, kena cari kotak la pulak. Another journey begins.

No comments: