Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lets have some rainbows

Yesterday was one of those days where I was feeling pretty low with myself and the whole world. Waked up feeling kinda of empty and sad....couldn't pinned it down to any specific...but there were clouds of grey skies over the head. I missed having good friends around me to share my problems.... and it a started when I was on the phone with Azu last Friday, she called me up after our last conversation, which was months ago and not often...Azu is one of my closes friends from the Uni, she was eager to gossip about another friend of us....this particular was not close to us and has quite a character....Azu had to speak to someone whom understood our "history.......", we reminisced about the good old times.

I guess that feeling of a missing link continued to yesterday, asked hubby innocently about men and their best mates...whether men are close to their friends as women are and whether they need them. His answers was as expected....nay. Well, I for one missed having a good chit chats with my girlfriends, the occasional gossips, the sharing of problems or just being yourself, yunno feeling comfortable in your own skins with them....there are no rivalries, no tantrums, no jealousies, just being happy with their achievements, sharing our children's ups and downs, pouring about being stress at work, not being embarrass in sharing with them stories that shows that you are not a prefect wife or mother....and knowing that they wont be passing judgements on you.....NOW, that what friends are for.

I need to get out of this EMO situation, get a grip of life...and do a reality check. With the stress at work, the amount of time you spend at work, balancing and managing quality time (?)with the family. I am sure that my friends are also struggling with this balancing acts. There is no time in feeling sorry with yourself. Have to snap out from this nasty grey clouds.....I just have to put more effort in making sure I have some ME time and that includes being with ones you love. Lets have some rainbows.

No comments: