Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Shop till you drop..

Malaysian love to shop...why I say this, cos shopping complexes are filled to the brim with shoppers during this ramadhan month. Just last friday, I went to SOGO during my long friday break, Ya Allah, ramainye orang, sampai nak lemas.I saw some men, tersandar kat dinding and duduk dekat escalators, squashed with some kids, yang dah tak larat shopping, their mums and wives were still going strong...hands were still deep in the bargain lots.I was a bit distracted and sedih, tengok satu mamat ni, carrying a small baby...rasa-rasanye, masih dalam pantang. There was no sight of the mother. Kesiannye, rasa macam nak tolong dia aje...tapi nanti orang kata kepochi pulak.

I went with a mission to get some pants for my nephews and niece. So, I tak lah distracted dengan godaan lain. Walaupun,begitu, I treated myself to a pair of slippers...okaylah tu, tak lah balik ke office terhoyong hayang with plastic bags...nanti apa pulak kata staff. Anyway yesterday, lepas pi Immigration Dept to make I-kad for bibik with hubby, kids and of course bibik...hubby went to work lepas selesai buat kad...I left the kids at home with bibik and went out to do some last minute chores....tukar duit raya, bayar bil telefon, beli some undergarments and blouses.Adik nak pi rumah Wa, she thinks Wa is keeping or hidding TH...heheheh.Tapi bila dah balik ke rumah at 3 something...rasa penat nak keluar pulak.So, I smsed kak, kata tak jadi datang. Kesian adik,tak jadi hantar dia ke rumah Wa although Wa was very obliging on having them...

Ramai jugak orang buat last minute shopping...we did our raya shopping during the Mega Sale...saja, nak beat the crowd...tapi, seronok juga shop during the festive season....ada banyak choices. Shopping during this season,yang tak bestnye ramai orang and the queque nak membayar panjaaaaang.

Yang takut tengok, ladies shopping without any self control,I was amazed with the amount of energy that they had...tangan kiri kanan penuh dengan plastic bags...they shopped like there no tommorrow. As, for me,sadly I have to shop within a budget... kalau tak habis 'vitamin m' before the end the month. Sofia, is quite a shopaholic for a three year old, sikit-sikit cakap, jom mama pergi shopping, kalau membeli baju, siap posing lagikat cermin kedai.Hmmm, she shops macam mama and ayah dia cop duit...hehehehe.

My kids seems to think that weekends are suppose to be filled with shopping and makan-makan. The choice of food that they want to eat is sometimes quite depressing to the parents....asyik-asyik McD atau KFC. Dah rasa kembang tekak asyik makan McD.....tapi parents terpaksalah terima aje. I hope to teach them to be more adventures in their choices of food....till the next weekend's dose of shopping...ciao.

No comments: