Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No Mills and Boons please...

Without realizing it, a week has passed by so quickly....I am still adapting to the new working environment....I have about a staff of 28 people under my care....on my first day, they were very reluctant to share any negative info about the people or the office....however the pandora box was opened on the second day...to my own amazement, I was quite calm although dark skies were above my head...well, no use crying over spilt milk.....just have to breathe hard, pull my guts in and go with the flow.I cant devulge any info on it, it would be unprofessional to do so.

Anyway,today I had some matters kat kl courts...it was lovely to see some familiar faces...tapi banyak jugak muka baru yang tak kenal.....I dapat jumpa staff lama, Raju...he still is the same....charming as ever....met some bailiffs....tak sangka they can still recognise me...hmm, maybe I have not aged much...heeheh...
Bila dah settled kerja, I buat courtesy calls on TP and PKP....saje nak kenal-kenal...it was just plain common sense untuk berkenalan with fellow officers....

Raya is just around the corner, we will be going back to Alor Setar for raya, kak kata the first omarian to arrive will receive a surprise from AJ...hmm, I hope its not penyapu, mop and bucket untuk cuci rumah.I am looking forward to see mak and tengok-tengok buku pak...rasa sayang buku pak kalau tak dijaga.Pak was always obliging in spending hard earned ringgit on books....I think I have acquire that passion for books from pak.I am willing to spend money on any form reading materials...am trying my best to cultivate good reading habits in Athira tapi I noticed, dia suka membeli tapi tak habis baca...sayang betul...tapi I tau she finished the book that Wa bought for her...katanya it was nice, she likes the characther name Ibrahim, adik kepada Ana.Katanya ceritanya kelakar.

Dulu kecik-kecik, mula baca buku Enid Blyton, by 12 years old, dah baca Mills and Boons...hmm, lets hope Athira will not start reading romance books at such tender age...I am putting some of the blame of reading romance books at such a young age on my sisters....I ikut aje.....terikut -ikut baca, bila dah mula baca, it was difficult to put the books down but now, I strongly feel little girls should be young girls as long as mother nature allows it....hmm, I cant believe I sound so ibu-ibu....well, age is definitely catching up...heheheheh.

Maybe, if I am lucky, my old collection of Enid Blytons books at Alor Setar ada lagi..

No comments: