Friday, January 30, 2009

I am listening...

This is not my new year's resolution...it just plain sense and me trying to be a better person and mum. I am trying to listen better. Why listening eh? Well, I feel that there is "sense" of hearing but not listening when it comes to my eldest daughter.Kesian kat kakak, she talks more to her ayah, cos he is her best buddy....bila dia nak bercakap or bercerita with mama, adik selalu kacau, adik will interrupt as I am listening to her sister with her own stories.So, poor kakak. So, now onwards, I would not allow words to be just words, I want it to be a communication.I want to listen more.

Now, how I wish this applies to the people around me too.At the office, I still have problem with certain people...minta buat research dah lebih 2 minggu...tapi tak sampai pun to my table...hmm, tak kan tak faham apa I cakap....my instinct says to do it myself....ya, memang that's my work attitude pun , just do it yourself if you want fast results, tapi ni susah sikit, I know nuts about Islamic law, so I have asked my syariah officer untuk buat kerja sikit....hmmm, it would take a lot of time for me to do my own research on a particular matter and time is definitely against it...nak prepare submission on a subject that needs fast understanding and in depth knowledge is beyond me at this point.

So, back to my desire to listen more to my closest and dearest, I hope they feel the same.Mak is with me at the moment. Was told by my sisters that she is suffering from depression....on that note, she seems to be disturbed with the notion that all her jewelleries hilang kat Alor Setar, about how valuable things tak boleh disimpan kat sana. She is also is upset about certain things and keep on repeating about it...my thoughts on this, is that all these are making her feeling depressed.It is sad to note that she wakes up in the morning with all "these complications" and its a rerun scenario of her life everyday.Everyday.

I am listening.....

No comments: